Monday, October 4, 2010

Ritter wins triathlon

This was in the small town local paper that came out over the weekend. A big thanks to Eston Williams for getting the information out of me to get to the press. Eston "Send me an email about your win." Me, "Ok you got it!" Later in the day I check my email. "William don't forget to send me the information." I think in my head, "Oh yeah, I just forgot". The picture that was run was actually from the Clear Lake tri a few weeks back, since I didn't have any from Stonebridge and the newspaper wanted a picture. Also is mentioned the Stonebridge women's champion. Every competitive woman triathlete needs to be on the look out for up and coming Elizabeth Meraz, better known as Liz Raz!!!

This weekend, I'll spend in Fort Worth training with my coach and pro triathlete Brent Poulsen and we both are gearing up for Austin 70.3 and the World Champs 70.3 in Clearwater.


Ritter wins triathlon
Monitor Staff Reports
McKINNEY–Olympic Center trainer William Ritter won the Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon race in McKinney this past weekend.
Ritter, who works at the East Texas Medical Center-Cedar Creek Lake facility in Gun Barrel City, finished first among 194 male runners, clocking 2:02:43, about two minutes ahead of Dallas resident Shawn Bonsell (2:04:34), who led the Masters age group.
Ritter competed in the Open age group. There were 261 competitors entered in the triathlon, including 66 women.
Plano resident Elizabeth Meraz (competing in the 30-34 group) was the first-place female runner, clocking 2:26:03, about three minutes ahead of Dallas resident Nikki Bertrand, running in the 25-29 age group.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH! That's awesome!! You're awesome!!! Looks like I'll be cheering you on in Austin as well! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete