Thursday, October 8, 2009

US Open Live this Sunday!

This Sunday I am competing in the U.S. Open in Dallas in the Elite Local Division it will be shown live on Sunday morning on www.slowtwitch.com. It's starts with the pro's at 7:30 a.m. , so if your up you need to check it out. It should be a real good race since this is the end of the Lifetime Fitness U.S. Open Series this year.

Training is going well and I've managed to stay flu free so far. Sunday morning was a 3 hour ride with some pace work in there, in the pouring rain once it became daylight, followed by a 4o minute run at goal pace (6.05 avg./mile). It literally poured buckets, but I enjoyed, I couldn't help but laugh when I felt the rain at it's strongest, it was great, it felt liberating. I've also been washing my hands every chance I get to to avoid the spread of germs, the ER at the hospital that I have to walk through has been packed for weeks now. I got my flu shot this week, the nurse said I was a bleeder. My arm is a little sore but not too bad. I also got a new training tool I've been playing around with some this week, the Garmin 310xt. The rest of this week has been easy with some short burst of race pace work. I am pumped about the weekend in Dallas.

3 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! Good luck- I know you will do great. I continue to be super impressed with your training.

    ReplyDelete