Monday, August 2, 2010

30th Annual River Cities Triathlon

I raced in Bossier City this weekend in the 30th annual River Cities triathlon. RCT is the largest and one of the most competitive sprint triathlons in the south! It was a lot of fun and fast competition, including legend Dave Scott. I had a good swim for me, came out of the water right behind my buddy Stephen Milford. He wasn't expecting me that close. I was ready beat down on the guy that kept pulling me under, by my leg early on in the swim. The bike was fast, but got off to a slow start, managed to average 25.2 mph, I got to experience what it was like racing semi ITU style. Me and Stephen set the pace of our pack and everyone else pretty much latched on, we did most of the work going back and forth. Our pack had built up to what looked like 10 guys by the end of it. T2 definitely was crazy and rushed with guys trying to take an advantage with a lead out on the run. LSU cross country runner Mark Primeaux dominated the run by going under 17 min off the bike. I had some awful stomach cramps on the run, but managed to come back some on the last mile to take over 4th place with just over a quarter mile to go, for an 18:04 5k run. There was no way I was going to let that Aggie beat me.





Stephen Milford (7th), Brad Pigage (1st), Me, and our awesome host Ms. Roeten!

I'd like to thank Debbie and Rachael Roeten for hosting me and my buddies (Brad Pigage and Stephen Milford) and their smelly shoes, who they have never met before and to Scott and Terry Harkey for cooking an awesome pre race dinner for us. I stopped by my mom's house the afternoon before the race, and she must think I am skinny or something, she kept trying to feed me. I ate good food at her house too!! Thanks to the good Lord for keeping us all safe out there in a weather advisory heat wave. Big shout to Brad for winning!!! Me and Stephen are were so nice to Brad, before we confirmed all the travel arrangements to make sure Brad was even in the race to start with.

This weekend I get to to do it all over again with another sprint triathlon in Cypress, Texas, the Bridgeland tri. It is managed by OnUrLeft Sports.

Legend Dave Scott was there handing out the awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment