Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Zombie Apocalypse & Stock Yards Mini-Vacation

I spent most of last week recovering from Kansas 70.3. We took a family a trip to Dallas/Fort Worth where I was able to sneak in a couple of races. We did the Electric Zombie Run in Dallas Friday night. It was way more fun than that I thought it would be. Calley and I ran together and we became Zombies because we weren't quite fast enough to get away so we became infected.



During the race there were Zombies that would jump out and try to infect you. Some were just downright scary. As you can I got caught and the blood sucked out of my head.  Turns out you can sign up and volunteer your way to a Friday night dressed like a Zombie. Sounds like a good time to me.   Out of the three of us Rylan was the only who survived.                    

  


The next day Rylan and I created our own race in Fort Worth. We raced up to what is known as the "Mountain" at the Fort Worth Water Gardens. This race particularly challenged my sprinting fibers in flip flops along with muscular strength. and of course age going up against a 14 year old.  This time Rylan got the best of me and was able to edge me out by a couple of seconds.





Saturday evening was filled with a big Yee-haw down in the Fort Worth Stock Yards.  One of my favorite places to go This was my first time to ride a mechanical bull and all that time I've spent watching bull riding when it was on tv paid off. I lasted for what it seemed like a really long time. Bull riding (mechanical) is harder than it looks my legs were smoked by the end of it. It just wouldn't be right if we didn't get to see the Stock Yards with a cattle drive and an old fashioned gun fight. 


The past 3 months have flown by with this guy. The next morning my boy greeted me with this "Step Father's Day" gift. Bye Bye Chlorine and sweat smell, I'm going to be smelling fresh for my Wife now.











No comments:

Post a Comment