Sunday, September 12, 2010

Prairie Man Half Iron

Not much to write about tonight, so I'll do my best to keep it short and sweet.

In Grand Prairie, TX (DFW) at Joe Poole Lake.It was a very hot and humid day. The water was unusually calm. I had my best swim time for 1.2 miles, 33:01 with the 13th fastest swim time in the half iron. Many people say the race director Jack always have long swims. Coming into T1 my zipper on my speed suit got hung up. It took me awhile realize it was already over half way undone, so I was able to get out of it. I got off to a strong start on the 4 loop fast bike course, but every loop I saw that my average was gradually falling. On the last last loop of the bike course my hands were starting to cramp and I could feel as though I was almost getting shaky, then coming into the park I caught a big cramp under my left butt cheek (the hamstring insertion point). I was barely able to get off the bike. I finished the 56 mile bike in 2:17.08 for a 24.5 mph average. Starting to run didn't go so well as I was still feeling the cramp and it was getting worse the legs not wanting to go. After several attempts at giving it a go I made it to the 1 mile mark in 11 minutes and decided to call it day.

Afterwards I could barely lift my knee to my waste without some intense discomfort and a guy did some A.R.T. on me afterwards and after a couple of minutes I had full range of motion back. Now it's just sore. I hope that's it at least.

I owe a huge thanks to Lord from keeping from risking further damage. Bo, my buddy who let me stay at his house and to Lance Vernon who tuned up my bike to get all the gears working and for gluing some new tubular tires on my wheels. Next if I'm ready, I'll be doing the Stonebridge olympic in two weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment