Monday, April 25, 2016

Luck of Irish Triathlon 2016


The Luck of the Irish triathlon in The Colony took place just a week after the Fresh 15. I'm certain I was still carrying some fatigue in my running legs. 

I was mainly looking to help one of the athletes I coach Garrett on this on, but I think I was very little help. This was a 300 meter pool swim and Garrett started a few spots behind me and he caught me the last 25 yards which was I was the plan we were hoping for and I attempted to jump on his feet, I tried anyways. I knew I had to pick it up pace then. 

I still beat him just out of transition. As we we're grabbing our bikes, I said, "Let's roll." We got rolling fast on the bike, switching positions back and forth 2 or 3 times.  Soon though after the second right hand turn Garrett was pulling away and I couldn't keep up anymore.  Garrett smoked the bike course averaging 26.5 mph and I was at 25.9 mph.   He had caught the really fast swimmer as he came off the bike and I was soon right after.  I caught the fast swimmer guy, about a half mile into the run and I thought, Garrett and I were 1 and 2. Little did I know a couple of the Brian Loncar guys that had started later were moving a little faster than I was.  

We paid the price on the run with less than stellar run times but Garrett secured the 1st overall male win and I ended up 4th overall and 2nd in my age group.  It was a fun race experience and well-run experience by Play Tri. 


Handful of Fly Tri Racing athletes made it out to this one. 

2nd in the 30-34, at least Philip is a nice dude.  

1 comment: