Friday, March 12, 2010

BROOKS I.D.

This week I got accepted into the 2010 Brooks I.D. program which is made up of runners and coaches who inspire others daily! There a company who specializes in only running shoes and apparel. I look forward to representing such a fantastic company. I have been wearing the BROOKS Glycerin shoe for all my training for base runs, long runs, and even tempo and faster. You can check their products out online at www.brooksrunning.com and their products are also sold in local running stores.

This week was a rough week recovering from Athens,who knew i would be so sore from such a short race. I wasn't happy with my race results, but I was racing guys who are getting ready for college nationals next month and I don't have to be in my top shape until November. I am convinced I am right where I need to be for this time of year. Then on Tuesday, I tried to tackle hill repeats a bit (a lot) more aggressive than I should have. I had a good small brick session yesterday and ran much better off the bike than I thought I would have and I was just keeping it chilled. I am looking forward to a good weekend filled with a swimming session tonight, work tomorrow morning and a track session afterwards, and a good hard brick workout on Sunday. I don't race again until April 11th at Gateway to the Bay and on April 25th IM Lone Star 70.3, but I am looking forward to that and next weekend is another intense training camp in Fort Worth.

Cheers,
WR


No comments:

Post a Comment