Sunday, March 21, 2010

MonaVie

I am excited to announce a new sponsorship with my friend Brandon Perry, a distributor of MonaVie. I am fortunate, to be using this as part of my nutritional needs it helps keep my immune system healthy and body injury free. Since long endurance training can put these at risk. There many athletes now using MonaVie in their nutrition such as cycling legend Tinker Juarez. There are different types of MonaVie drinks out now. I tried the original back over the winter and it was delicious. It was so good, that I actually sneaked into the local movie theater once to have to enjoy as a treat, since I don't drink many sodas. MonaVie is good for those people who care about what the put into their bodies, but also like something that is delicious tasting too. Feel free to click on Brandon's link over there on the right side and ask for more information or get in an order waaay done!! ;)

Here is more on MonaVie:


MonaVie™ is a delicious and healthy blend of 19 body-beneficial fruits - including the Brazilian açai berry, one of nature's top superfoodsDeveloped with the philosophy Balance-Variety-Moderation, this nourishing beverage delivers the phytonutrients and antioxidants you need to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.

Active combines the delicious blend of MonaVie™ with plant-derived glucosamine that promotes healthy joints by lubricating and nourishing damaged tissue and cartilage.

Watching your cholesterol? MonaVie™ Pulse nutritionally supports your cardiovascular system. With added heart health benefits derived from plant sterols (which studies suggest play a key factor in lowering cholesterol), resveratrol, and omega 3 fatty acids, maintaining existing healthy cholesterol levels has never been easier.

Perfect for the busy body, MonaVie™ Gel and MonaVie™ Active Gel offer all the nutritional benefits of MonaVie™ and MonaVie™ Active in a convenient gel pack.



This weekend we were faced with some of the worse conditions. It was another Poulsen weekend training camp, which began once I found my way there to the Arlington Heights track for mile repeats. We were met with strong winds, pouring rain, and temperatures in the 30s. After that followed a 2 hour base ride after rounding up a trainer from my buddy, Eric Trelz (Thanks!), so I didn't have to ride outside, then a swim session of 30x100 yard pulls. That night we had a good time of socialization and good food ;) we played that game where you act out different things and I ended up having to act out a Mermaid and Marilyn Monroe. Oh yeah I did!

The next day after sleeping like a baby over night, I didn't want to get up, but I did, and we did a 3.5 hour group ride together with a lot of intensity. There were two wrecks during this group ride, I won't mention any names, but the bad part is, it was indoors!!! Then we did a solid 20 minute run off the bike and I ran with (behind) the big boys Montes and Poulsen. Later that night I couldn't wait to do a cold plunge in 48 degree water to ease my pains :)

Cheers,

WR

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/22/2010

    we swim meters in Fort Worth!!! your the man!
    Bp

    ReplyDelete