Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Hell Weekend

This past weekend was an Easter Hell weekend for me along with Resurrection weekend for Jesus. Friday night and Sunday morning, my roommate Josh and I saw an awesome musical performance by the First Baptist Church of Mabank choir group. It was truly a blessing.

Late Friday morning, Easter Hell weekend got started with a 90 minute long run with some strong winds that day. Although, it wasn't a hard effort, I still managed to hold a 7:10 mile average on grass and a route with lots of turns and switchbacks.

Super Saturday, started with a 5:30 a.m. track session with 10x1k's at 10k pace. Josh came out and helped me push during these and he was rabbit during the last two. I ran very consistent during these hitting 3:19 on almost everyone, my fastest was 3:12 on the last one. Then I had to head to work for a 6 hour shift which felt like a workout in itself, since I moved a bunch of PT stuff back into it's spot after it's cleaning. After work, a few people came out to Cain Center to get it a swim in with me. Me and Josh shared a lane and I did 10x300's, it was steady aerobic, but I can tell m swim is coming right along, then we jumped on our bikes for a 90 minute hilly base ride. Only one person had to go to the ER. Courtney was biking and ran over something it whooped back up and hit her in the leg and sliced her calf right open down to the muscle just missing her achilles tendon. Courtney had to have 5 stitches in it and she was out biking/running Sunday afternoon. That girl is tough!!!

Suffer Sunday was a 3.5 hour bike workout with 3x20' intervals on a hilly road and then I smashed some overgear work coming back into Gun Barrel City with a 30 minute goal pace run off the bike and just over 6 minute mile pace. After all of this I was dog tired. I had to get some grocery shopping done too at Wal-Mart and that is always a pain, even worse with tired legs, I was just shuffling along down the aisles. I've done a few other big weekends similar to this is in Fort Worth, but, I think this was by far was the hardest one.

This month is busy with 2 big races. I am super excited about racing this weekend in the Gateway to Bay triathlon festival with some superior athletes like Matty Reed, Andy Potts, and Stephen Milford. These are world class athletes. Feel free too google them and let me know what you come up with :)

Two weeks later, April 25, I will be racing for an Ironman 70.3 World Championship spot at Ironman 70.3 Texas, in Galvston. It's also the U.S. Pro Championships, so I assume, there will be a lot of fast athletes out there. Then a race a weekend later, in McKinney, a sprint triathlon, to start off the North Texas Tri Series.




During a main set of 10x300's.
My roommate Josh and I just after 10x1k track workout, done by sunset.

This was 3/28 Sunday afternoon. Me and Lance before a brick workout.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete