Friday, March 5, 2010

Chicked at Cowtown, A Public Apology

There has been a recent discussion about me getting beat by a girl, in the Cowtown "The Shack" 10K in Fort Worth last weekend. I first denied it on my facebook page when I was called out, then I saw this email come through my yahoo mail. I felt the need to bring it to attention before it got out of hand, and offer an apology similar to that of Tiger Woods, that I am sorry for my transgressions (lying and denying), I did get beat by Carley in a sprint towards the finish. I have been dealing with this lately behind closed doors, hiding under the covers, afraid to come out of my room. Carley has been training super hard lately running hill repeats on the treadmill at 10mph, riding in group rides, and she has been in the pool. I hear she will be on the Ironman 70.3 circuit next season. I am over this now and will be racing in the Athens triathlon this weekend, which is the oldest sprint triathlon in Texas.



I know that there has been allot of debate lately about the results of the Cowtown 10K and who beat who in the Carley/William showdown. Well I wasn't there but a quick search in the results shows the following:

Cowtown The Shack 10K [MEDIA/TXT]
02/27/2010
Ft. Worth, TX

Bib

Chip Time

Gun Time

First Name

Last Name

City

State

Sex

Division

Class
Position

Overall
Place

Age

Zip

Country

Gen
Place

Total
Pace

15246

54:05

57:06

Carley

Hodgins

Fort Worth

TX

F

THE SHACK 10K F 25-29

42

626

26

76102

United States

159

8:43/M

14975

54:07

01:02:50

William

Ritter

Gun Barrel City

TX

M

THE SHACK 10K M 40-44

44

631

25

76063

470

8:43/M



Ritter, it was apparently a close race and I am sure Carley won in a final sprint and you being the gentleman you are probably took it easy on her. It is ok to get chicked every now and then. I even let my Grandmother beat me at checkers once so I can appreciate your chivalry. Congrats to Carley and better luck next year Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment